Monday, April 12, 2010

Two Books Coming my Way!

I am very excited: I have requested two books for review which should be coming my way within the next few days (or as much as a week, given where they are shipping from). This is the first time that I've done this, giving myself the opportunity to review brand new books or recently revised books. I am really looking forward to reading both of these books, but I wanted to give an advance explanation of one of them, since I will have a limited number of words in which to review the book.

I requested Wild at Heart from booksneeze.com. The book is written by John Eldridge, who I already respect a great deal and who's mailings I receive both in e-mail and in the post. The book is written for men. Since I am a woman, I thought that I might owe some of my readers some explanation.

The first point I would like to make is that there are as of right now no reviews of this book, presumably because most of the book bloggers on the Internet are female, but it does give me the sense that this book ought to be reviewed, if for no other reason than it is available for review. I also want to do what I can to help John and Stasi, since I appreciate their ministry so very much.

The other reason that I want to read and review this book is because of the fact that God's plan for men fascinates me. I am a Christian woman, and I mostly understand His design for my life. But for the past two years I have struggled to understand what is the "real" role of a man?

I've spent most of my life being taught that Christian men are humble and quiet of spirit. That they are meek and sensitive. For this very reason I've had difficulty in connecting with my Savior Himself because I could only see him from this perspective.

I am hoping not only to be able to read Wild at Heart to learn more about the way that God designed men, but also to learn more about Him generally. I'm the type of believer who drinks it all in, and greedily, too. I am hoping to be able to get a copy of  Captivating when I am done with Wild at Heart but if not I will surely buy it and review it!

3 comments:

  1. How awesome! I'm so glad I stopped by, this really cheered me up, I'd like to read "Wild Heart". Visiting from SITS. Have a happy Tuesday and come be sometime and visit me.

    Aimee
    http://myhomespunthreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coool. I can't wait for your review of "Wild Heart".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to writing it, Juju. This book is amazing me. I plan on doing a more in-depth review on my other blog at some point in time depending on when I have a chance (since I only get 200 or so words here lol).

    ReplyDelete