Thursday, April 29, 2010

I got an Award! The Prolific Blogger Award!

I haven't been blogging at this site for especially long, so you can imagine my surprise when I checked my e-mail and found this! The award comes from Bethany at Words, Words, Words. I haven't been following her blog for all that long, but I'm really glad that I am. What roped me in was her love of Anna Karenina. This is a book I've read twice, and now want to fully absorb as an adult. I have to say that I really poured over her thoughts on this book.

She's intelligent (like all the bloggers I follow!), and I appreciate her taste and thoughts on the books that she reads, most especially because so much of her personality comes through.

A prolific blogger is one who is intellectually productive, keeping up an active blog with enjoyable content. After accepting this award, recipients are asked to pass it forward to seven other deserving blogs.

I had a really tough time deciding who to give this award to. I wanted to give it back to Bethany, but she'd already given it to fifteen people (which is a lot) and I didn't want to make her choose seven more people :)

So, without further ado... I chose eight of the blogs I follow! 
1. Juju at Tales of Whimsy
2. Chris and Jess Park Benches and Book Ends
3. Miel Abeille at Reminder List
4. Cat at Tell me a Story
5. Rosalind at The Vanishing Lake
6. Sarah at Loving Books

11 comments:

  1. Woman, I am SO happy to have you on my blog. I love having you around.

    So sweet - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I'm blushing! Thank you, Becki for thinking of me! Your award is very clearly earned, and it is sweet of you to share the love with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for liking my blog enough to give me an award:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bethany: Well good, because you aren't going to get rid of me any time soon. I was really frustrated when I saw I wasn't subscribed. I'm probably going to put another call in to Roadrunner to try to figure out what the next step is to get our Internet working so that I don't have to get shocks like that. lol

    Miel Abeille: I'm glad to make you happy! You make me smile on a regular basis with your comments. Last few days I haven't been able to reciprocate as much as I'd like because of the slow Internet connection. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cool! Thank you thank you thank you!
    *hugs*

    Pssst....I'm a Twilighter too :) Long live Team Jacob ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW You totally deserve this. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Juju! I'm glad to know I'm not the only Twilight fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations everyone! Happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much - I really appreciate you thinking of me.

    And congratulations on receiving the award - you deserve it! I really enjoy your reviews and value the comments you make on my blog.

    I hope this isn't a double up - don't think my first attempt went through. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Becki--I got your comment on my blog about sending me an e-mail, but I didn't get it. Not even in my spam folder. Could you try again? bunnymom1970@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw thanks for the award, you do totally deserve this :)

    ReplyDelete