Monday, April 19, 2010

It Came Today!

About a week ago I joined Book Sneeze and requested a copy of Wild at Heart by John Eldredge. While the book is written for men, in Eldredge's words to give them "permission" (to me men) I thought that it would be an interesting read, since I've always been fascinated by how men see themselves as part of YHWH's overall plan. This is a subject that really gets me excited, and I'm really looking forward to plunging into this book.

I joined Book Sneeze so that I would be able to request books, which would be sent to me free of charge in exchange for a review on this site and on other sites that I frequent (such as Shelfari and Goodreads). I am, as the title of this blog might suggest, a serious lover of books, and I tend to read anything I can get my hands on (including cereal boxes and the like). This is a very exciting opportunity because it puts a large number of books at my disposal -- for free!

I cracked Wild at Heart open today. I'd already read the introduction in PDF format, and that had me anxious to read the rest of it. Now, having read half of the first chapter, I must say that Eldredge is an incredible writer, and I am not only interested in reading the rest of Wild at Heart but am very eager to get into Captivating which I got my hands on today (and will also be reviewing at some point in the future).

I hope that I will have my review up within the next several days. Very eager to see how this book turns out!

Thanks Book Sneeze!

1 comment: