Sunday, May 2, 2010

What a Sunday! ... Awards

Well, you can imagine my surprise when I received three awards in one day! My blog is still so new (you'll notice it's only been around since the beginning of April) and I was worried I'd have trouble finding followers. You can imagine me over here rolling my eyes at my own suppositions, because I've found a huge number of lovely bloggers out there in the book blogging world, and all of you are so supportive and creative and interesting. I'm embarrassed to say that I talk about you with my husband, who fortunately could never be bored by books or blogging. Otherwise I'd be in trouble.


The first award comes from Cat, at Tell me a Story. I was on my way to bed last night when I caught this one checking my e-mail for the last time. Cat is in NZ, so when I'm going to bed, she's starting her day!

I can't express enough how much I appreciate this, and your comments, Cat. I was grinning ear to ear when I told my husband that I'd gotten this award!

1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2. Pass the award to other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

I had to skip last week's hop because my Internet was having so many problems. It seems like it's okay today, so I should be able to do some good commenting in the next day or so (though most likely later in the evenings, since I do have a toddler.

I'm passing this award on to blogs that I found during the Blog Hop the week before last. I don't have fifteen blogs to pass this one on to (yet) since I haven't been doing this all that long and only started following ten new blogs from the Hop the other week (and one of those was Cat :) ). So here's the nine!

1. Beth at Maybe Tomorrow
2. Emily at Emily's Reading Room
3. Book Quoter at A Thousand Books with Quotes
4. Elizabeth at Swords for Fighting
5. Jillian at Random Ramblings
6. Kris at Voracious YAppetite
7. Karen at For What it's Worth
8. Leanna at Daisy Chain Book Reviews
9. salarsenッ at Writer's Ally

I will choose another five people after next week's blog hop (I'll be out of town this week).


I literally laughed out loud when I read bibliophiliac's post about this award. I can certainly relate to receiving several awards in the space of a day, though in my case, they were all different. This is my second time on this one, so I'm going to try to choose different bloggers this time.

Once again, seven blogs.

1. Chelle at Time Out
2. Jen at The Introverted Reader
3. Mummazappa at The Book Nerd Club
4. Suko at Suko's Notebook
5. Yvonne at Socrates' Book Reviews
6. Julie at Reading Without Restraint
7. Cherry at Cherry Mischievous


This one comes from Miel Abeille at Bons Vivants.It's going to be tough not to pass it back to her, because frankly, she's been a wonderful supporter of my blog, and she's an all-round great person. I really appreciate this award, Melissa!

This one is meant to be passed on to twelve blogs. Please don't be surprised if I double-award this one, because many of the bloggers I am inclined to award with anything are some of the most faithful of followers. Thank you again, Melissa!

2. Mummazappa at The Book Nerd Club
3. Mel U at The Reading Life
4. bibliophiliac at bibliophiliac
5. Elle at Media Molly
6. Juju at Tales of Whimsy (sorry, I know Melissa got you too!)

I'm three short. I've already doubled a couple of people up and I know that Juju got this award from Melissa as well. I'm a tiny bit stuck with this one since I'm such a new blogger. I'll get around to the other four at some point in the future, I'm sure!

I'll be handing these out tonight, so look for some comments from me!

21 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Becki! I am flattered that you thought of me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your many awards! You deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Becki! All of your awards are well deserved! I must say, I feel the sunshine shinning back from you, and I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations and well desserved. I love your new blog and I am very proud of you. Prolific though...you...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all the awards! Thanks for passing one on to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw...Becki, thank you so much. Congrats on your awards, too! I posted a link today:

    http://writersally.blogspot.com/2010/05/dancing-feet-and-fingers.html

    So glad I've met you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thanks so much Becki! My very first award!!
    I started bloggin last November and I honestly thought no one would ever show up but like you said it's such a supportive community.
    Thank you Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the award, Becki! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great bunch of awards! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...congratulations. I love reading your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Becki! And thank you so much for passing one on to mei! *hugs* :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Becki! You must be doing something right if you're reaping all these awards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations and thank you thank you thank you. This is very very sweet of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. congratulations to you (you deserve them) and wow two awards for me!! thankyou so much, you made my day :-) and thanks also for your lovely compliments on my review, it's nice to know i'm on the right path :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you very much, Becki! I did receive this award before, but will display it proudly on my blog, and add it to my Awards post. Merci! Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on all your awards. I am so happy that you shared it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your awards Becki! And thankyou for choosing me as one of your recipients!

    Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry it took me so long to thank you for this award! But, it's on my awards page now!

    ReplyDelete